[aisle] Trans-masc and trans-fem YA books?

Nelson, Andrew agnelson2 at cps.edu
Thu Jun 2 17:47:37 CDT 2022

Hi Lori,

For Trans-masc I really enjoyed: *Between Perfect and Real *by Ray
Stoeve, *Meet
Cute Diary *by Emery Lee, and *The [Un]popular Vote *by Jasper Sanchez

For Trans-fem: * If I Was Your Girl* by Meredith Russo

As a tool, this list h
<https://www.obvibase.com/p/mesA3yHT7KehxDTu/?location=%7B%22type%22%3A%22table%22%2C%22databaseId%22%3A%22mesA3yHT7KehxDTu%22%2C%22queryPath%22%3A%7B%22recordPath%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22columnPath%22%3A%5B%221%22%5D%7D%7D>as
a compilation of YA/MG books with Trans and Nonbinary representation by
Trans and Nonbinary authors.  You can sort the list by different
representation and a couple of other categories.  The explanation of the
list by the author who put it together is linked here
<https://raystoeve.com/the-masterlist/>.  Hope it helps!

Best,
Nelson

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 5:23 PM Lala Lala via AISLE <

> Hi everyone!
>
> Can you high school librarians please share with me your Top Picks for YA
> books that feature a Trans-masculine or a Trans-feminine* main character*?
>
> I specifically need them as the main character.
>

> Thanks so much!
>

> --
> Lori McGreal

*Andrew G. Nelson*
English Teacher
Pronouns: He/They (More information on pronouns
<https://www.glsen.org/activity/pronouns-guide-glsen>)
Multicultural Arts High School
Little Village-Lawndale High School Campus
3120 South Kostner, Suite 4
Chicago, IL 60623
773.535.4242 Main Office
773.254.8483 Fax
*https://ma.lvlhs.org <https://ma.lvlhs.org/>*

*MAS PRIDE/MAS ORGULLO*
*P*repared *R*espect* I*maginative *D*etermined *E*ngaged

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have
by email and delete this message and any file attachments from your
computer.