[aisle] DItch Dewey?

Confer, MaryAnne mopysson at cps.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:33:07 CDT 2022

Hello all,

There are some great tips for this on Kelsey Bogan's blog
Dontyoushushme including non-fiction printable and editable signage and a
spreadsheet of her adapted dewey system. She shows how she adapted it once
and then went back and looked at it again. I just redid my non-fiction
based on her first post. It took forever to recatalog and relabel and I
have a small collection (3500 items).

https://dontyoushushme.com/2020/12/04/ditching-dewey-1-dear-dewey-its-not-me-its-you/

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 9:25 AM Todd Freer via AISLE <

> Hi Carol et Al,
> I’m looking into this as well, including ideas for genrefied signage. If
> anyone has ideas on that as well, I’d appreciate it very much. Kind of
> thinking an emoji-like theme, even for NF. They’d be “create your own
> emoji” instead of current ones.
>
> Thanks as well!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 29, 2022, at 9:16 AM, Carol Coutts-siepka via AISLE <
>

> Hi all,
> We have made the jump in our district to genrefied fiction and are now
> looking at Ditching Dewey for nonfiction. Wondering if anyone out there has
> done this and has some insight, thoughts, hints, etc about the process,
> problems, etc they've run into.
> Thanks!

> https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.aisled.org%2f&c=E,1,_PWBqgaLr-PIan_0H6IKXRF_5QzfSFlYMzX9rxqhD42jVIKaHN7m6PZLBHTXMfDks6fIyS-tbVIMvHw4BjmPz3oDxjvrsyshKjGPnQKqRA,,&typo=1

> If you are not the named addressee and/or intended recipient, you are
> notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
> reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> email and delete this email from your system.

MaryAnne Confer (she/her/hers)

Librarian and Writing Center Director

Lindblom Math and Science Academy <https://lindblomeagles.org/>

6130 S. Wolcott Ave.