[aisle] What a Waste - Bluestem book

Pam Meiser Pmeiser at barrington220.org
Tue Mar 1 15:05:25 CST 2022

My teammate, Wendy Settles, created a lesson for fifth graders using the
book to talk about infographics. We also looked at infographics on Culture
Grams and from Kathy Schrock's site
<https://www.schrockguide.net/infographics-as-an-assessment.html>. Choose
the ones appropriate for your grade level. We evaluated the infographics,
looking for topic, purpose, facts, creator, currency, and source of data.
We noticed that many infographics do not have dates, list creators, or show
what data was used, including *What a Waste. *This visual
<https://coolinfographics.com/blog/2012/9/11/what-is-an-infographic-explained-with-legos.html>
worked
well as a start.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 2:53 PM Kleckner, Stephanie via AISLE <