[aisle] book recs

Steiger, Sarah sesteiger at cps.edu
Tue Mar 8 11:56:41 CST 2022

Or just install a tattle phone!

https://youtu.be/7obce4MVYsI

*Sarah Steiger | She/Her/Hers *

*Library and Digital Media Manager*

*Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Digital Learning*

*Chicago Public Schools*

*773.553.6889*

The Critical Cataloging Project at CPS, led by CPS librarians, is working
to adjust the subject headings and keywords that are used to locate books
in our catalog. Some of these terms are historically racist, sexist,
ableist, and heteronormative. Words matter.

We hope to join with other organizations who are also doing this work,
creating new norms and *advocating for terms that are representative of our
society today.*
To show your support of this work, and commitment to respectful cataloging
language, please fill out this short form from the link below.
*Click here to support Critical Cataloging at CPS!
<https://forms.gle/aFRYWnRvkkcDANb38>*

*Libraries Vision & Mission*

*The Libraries Team advocates for and empowers librarians as educational
leaders, provides equitable and culturally responsive resources supporting
all content areas, and actively champions curiosity and a lifelong love of
literature for every learner in Chicago Public Schools.*

*Partnering with librarians, the Libraries Team equitably provides
culturally relevant training, resources, networking opportunities, and
develops pipelines to grow libraries and librarianship within the Chicago
Public Schools, empowering schools, librarians, and the learning
communities we serve. *

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 11:53 AM Michelle Harris via AISLE <