[aisle] activity for students

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Wed Mar 16 08:04:49 CDT 2022

Kim - this is perfect for my kiddos. Thank you so much for sharing!

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 7:56 AM Kim Jones via AISLE <

> Good morning,
>
> I have been teaching my 3rd and 4th grade students how to use our Destiny
> online catalog. This involved giving them a general overview of Dewey and
> call numbers. I have printed library vocabulary words related to these
> topics as visual aids as I teach. We are in week 4.  I created a Pear Deck
> interactive lesson for them. It is a fun way to engage them. Please feel
> free to copy it if you would find it useful. You can edit it to match your
> school and collections. I also use a slip of paper called *CATs
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oVYrvsKc1HNTPLZ--Xe7NgMnmJvfQ70/view?usp=sharing>*
> for books that they can use to write out their clues when they are using
> PAC.
>
> *Call Number Pear Deck:*
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KGq16vWDH4Pv3GfS2oo_DwrLHcIw5G-QyXqiWXLIsPE/copy
>
> Kind regards,
> Kim
>

> *Stay safe. Stay strong. S**tay hopeful.*
>

> *Kim Jones                                     *
> *Library Para Professional*
> *Channing Elementary #6*
> *Elgin, IL*
> *Phone 847-888-5185 ext 6759        *
> *Currently Reading:                   *
>
> [image: Becoming Sage: Cultivating Meaning, Purpose, and Spirituality in
> Midlife]
> Currently Listening to:
> [image: Enemies and Allies: An Unforgettable Journey inside the
> Fast-Moving & Immensely Turbulent Modern Middle East by [Joel C. Rosenberg]]
>

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 11:17 AM Wyatt, Paula via AISLE <
>
>> I am looking for an engaging activity to do with students to have them
>> practice using the online cataloging system.  I have shown it to them, but
>> they are not using it proficiently.  I want them to discover the
>> information that is available (reviews, locations etc) as well as expose
>> them to new titles.
>>
>> *Paula Wyatt, MS., MA., NBCT*
>> *Beaubien Elementary School Librarian*
>>

>> [image: Positive Discipline | Laura Atack Positive Discipline | France]
>> Beaubien Elementary School Librarian
>>
>> Libraries are . . . essential to the functioning of a democratic society
>> . . .libraries are the great symbols of the freedom of the mind.  Franklin
>> D. Roosevelt
>>
>> *Click to see my projects at http://www.donorschoose.org/pa
>> <http://www.donorschoose.org/paulawyatt>**ulawyatt
>> <http://www.donorschoose.org/paulawyatt>*
>> *Please consider a donation!*
>>

>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> U-46 Privacy Disclaimer
>
> This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential
> information or proprietary information, and is intended for the person /
> entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly
> prohibited.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School