[aisle] Teacher complaint (and removal behind my back) about a book in my library

Laurie H lauriehed at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:43:58 CDT 2022

Hello all,

I am trying to remain calm.

I put a new book on display on Tuesday,* Fred Gets Dressed* - Ages 3-6.
Yesterday, while I was not in that building, a teacher came and took the
book (didn't check it out) and went to my principal.  Said teacher doesn't
want it in my collection because she wouldn't want to talk to her own son
about it nor would she want to have to answer to parents.

I am beyond upset.  Beyond.  But I will have a clear head when I speak with
my principal who is quite open minded but also has respect for said
teacher.  I found this out late today so I have not had a chance to discuss
with anyone at work.  Can someone talk me off of the ledge?

Laurie