[aisle] Teacher complaint (and removal behind my back) about a book in my library

Kate Rogers krogers at csd99.org
Tue Mar 22 14:18:04 CDT 2022

Thank you for sharing this contact information! I hope they'll see the
value in the book!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 12:46 PM Laurie H via AISLE <

> Hello all,
>
> Thank all of you for your support.  My curriculum director and
> superintendent are currently reviewing *Fred Gets Dressed*.  I am hopeful
> for a good outcome but I want to be prepared for the worst.
>
> If you have similar issues and/or want to provide training to your school
> in the future, please reach out to Mandy Saia, LSTA Coordinator Illinois
> State Library, email her at  *asaia at ilsos.gov <asaia at ilsos.gov> .  *She
> is working on a long term plan to provide Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
> training among other resources.
>
> Thank you all again. It truly takes a village and you are my people.
>
> Laurie
>

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 6:43 PM Laurie H <lauriehed at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to remain calm.
>>
>> I put a new book on display on Tuesday,* Fred Gets Dressed* - Ages 3-6.
>> Yesterday, while I was not in that building, a teacher came and took the
>> book (didn't check it out) and went to my principal.  Said teacher doesn't
>> want it in my collection because she wouldn't want to talk to her own son
>> about it nor would she want to have to answer to parents.
>>
>> I am beyond upset.  Beyond.  But I will have a clear head when I speak
>> with my principal who is quite open minded but also has respect for said
>> teacher.  I found this out late today so I have not had a chance to discuss
>> with anyone at work.  Can someone talk me off of the ledge?
>>
>> Laurie
>>

>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

*Kate Rogers*

Librarian & Mustang Book Club Sponsor, (she/her
<https://www.mypronouns.org/she-her>)

<https://www.csd99.org/dgs>

1436 Norfolk Street

Downers Grove, Illinois 60516

630-795-8561

krogers at csd99.org

csd99.org/dgs <http://south.csd99.org/>

District 99 is committed to providing high-quality educational
opportunities
for all students in a caring, equitable, and inclusive environment.

--

This electronic message (and any associated file attachments) is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It