[aisle] Coding Robot options

Stephanie Stieglitz sstieglitz at d181.org
Thu May 12 08:26:28 CDT 2022

The librarians in my district have been unhappy with our evobots / ozobots.
We like the way you have different ways to program them, but the batteries
are awful. After a full charge, they don't last for one class, much less an
afternoon of classes.

Stephanie

Stephanie Stieglitz
Teacher-Librarian, The Lane
500 N. Elm St.
Hinsdale, IL 60521
Library Website <https://sites.google.com/a/d181.org/lanemrc/home?scrlybrkr>
Search Station / Library Catalog
<https://d181.booksys.net/opac/lane/index.html#menuVisual>

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 8:22 AM Renee Brown via AISLE <

> I'm looking to add some Ozobots to our library. Has anyone had
> experience with them? What do you use for a coding robot in K-5?
>

> Thanks for reading!
>
> *Renee Brown*
> District Librarian
>
> *Computer Teacher*
> *AHGS Learn and Serve Team Coordinator*Arthur CUSD #305
> 217-578-2229
>

> [image: See the source image]
>
> *Class of 2011*
>

> The mission of the Arthur CUSD #305 is to provide a united student-based
> community that engages in working together to inspire lifelong learners. An
> environment that educates all students to their full potential while
> developing character, leadership, self-worth, empowering each student to
> meet the challenges of the future.
>
> The mission of the *Arthur CUSD #305 Libraries* is to meet the individual
> educational, emotional, and recreational needs of students, faculty, and
> staff; to teach students to locate, analyze, and use information
> effectively; to provide equitable access to a collection of resources that
> enrich and support the curriculum of the district; and to collaborate with
> members of the district’s learning community and local communities to
> promote lifelong learning.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181