[aisle] Elementary Non-fiction Arrangement

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Mon May 16 08:42:23 CDT 2022

We've had good luck with School Smart Tote bins. They seem expensive, but
they tick all our boxes...

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 5:33 PM Laurie Tumino via AISLE <

> Hello All,
>
> I have sort of "genrefied" parts of my nonfiction by grouping the most
> popular topics on top of the shelves - they are not in any particular order
> within these groupings since the kids (K-3) tend to destroy that anyway. I
> have also changed the call numbers of a few things so they make more sense
> to the kids - for example, railroads and trains are now both in the 600s.
>
> This year I have been experimenting with bins for some of my most popular
> easy fiction series, as a precursor to attempting bins for the nonfiction.
> After  much searching I settled on some Storex brand tubs from Wal-Mart,
> but they are not quite right. Whatever I wind up with has to work on my
> existing shelves, so I am curious to know what bins others are using.
>

> *Laurie TuminoLibrarianMilne Grove Elementary School565 E. 7th
> StreetLockport, IL 60441815-838-0542, ext. 2122fax 815-838-6893Website
> <http://tumino.weebly.com/>*
>
> *"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."* ~ Emilie
> Buchwald
>
> This message is for named person(s) only.  It may contain confidential
> and/or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is
> waived or lost should mis-transmission occur.  If you receive this message
> in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender.  You must not,
> directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
> of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Milne-Kelvin Grove
> School District 91 reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
> through its networks.
>
>  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
> except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to
> state them to be the views of any such entity.

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School