[aisle] Resource Evaluation Strategies

Claire Greene cgreene at northbrook28.net
Tue Nov 15 10:00:50 CST 2022

Hi, all!

I've been doing a deep dive this year into the Stanford Civic Online
Reasoning curriculum as a tool for teaching students to evaluate
information sources thoughtfully. Newer lessons and videos published by COR
speak critically about "long checklists of questions." The visual they use
is recognizable as the TRAAP/CRAAP framework or similar.

I'm certainly not discounting the value of these frameworks as a tool, but
I'm curious how everyone's practice is evolving around this instruction. I
would love to have some data to help guide my path forward.

If you're willing, please take a moment to let me know what your
instruction includes by filling out this very brief 2 question form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc_Ufi5th7qEFulspNt_9ur2OxoaocSiYM3QidAQG-rS-eiDg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
.

If an interest is expressed, I'm happy to share the collected data with the
forum.

Thank you!

--

Claire Greene, School Librarian