[aisle] Holiday decorations/display

Nichole Folkman nfolkman at hartem.org
Mon Nov 28 10:22:10 CST 2022

I am struggling with this right now. We have a "holiday" decorating contest
at our school, which is clearly and obviously Christmas-centered. I am
going to try and do a display called "Merry and Bright" and highlight
different holidays and festivals around the world that center on lights.
That's my plan, at least. So far I have Lunar New Year, Diwali, Kwanzaa,
Hanukkah, and Christnas. Any ideas on others to include? I'm also going to
make it interactive with some sort of matching symbols to holidays and have
a prize, I think.

Happy to hear any ideas or suggestions anyone has!

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 10:16 AM Gina Caneva via AISLE <

> Hi AISLE--
> I'm loving the information about overdues! Wondering also if people could
> speak about their thoughts on December decorations.
>
> Do you decorate the library for the holidays?
> Do you have a book display for the holidays?
> Have you decided not to decorate for the holidays?
>
> Thanks,
> Gina Caneva

Thanks!
Nichole Folkman
K-12 Librarian/ STEAM Director
Creator and Director of Stags Read Community Literacy Program
Stags Read Twitter- @StagsRead
Creator of Postcard Field Trip Curriculum
www.postcardfieldtrip.weebly.com

Co-Chair of the AISLE Readers Choice Awards

Scholastic Bowl Coach
Antler/ Staglite Advisor

she/ her/ hers

Check out my projects at