[aisle] Holiday decorations/display

Jo Anne Sundberg jsundberg at sd44.org
Mon Nov 28 10:45:44 CST 2022

For the past 12 years, we have only been allowed to do winter decorations.
No Christmas.  Prior to my starting this position, there was always a
Christmas tree in the library.  I started with a new principal and he got
rid of the Tree.  (some probably thought it was me) All the diverse Holiday
books are out on display with many being Christmas.

JoAnne Sundberg
Manor Hill LRC
(630) 827-4344

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 10:22 AM Nichole Folkman via AISLE <

> I am struggling with this right now. We have a "holiday" decorating
> contest at our school, which is clearly and obviously Christmas-centered. I
> am going to try and do a display called "Merry and Bright" and highlight
> different holidays and festivals around the world that center on lights.
> That's my plan, at least. So far I have Lunar New Year, Diwali, Kwanzaa,
> Hanukkah, and Christnas. Any ideas on others to include? I'm also going to
> make it interactive with some sort of matching symbols to holidays and have
> a prize, I think.
>
> Happy to hear any ideas or suggestions anyone has!
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 10:16 AM Gina Caneva via AISLE <
>
>> Hi AISLE--
>> I'm loving the information about overdues! Wondering also if people could
>> speak about their thoughts on December decorations.
>>
>> Do you decorate the library for the holidays?
>> Do you have a book display for the holidays?
>> Have you decided not to decorate for the holidays?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gina Caneva
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Thanks!
> Nichole Folkman
> K-12 Librarian/ STEAM Director
> Creator and Director of Stags Read Community Literacy Program
> Stags Read Twitter- @StagsRead
> Creator of Postcard Field Trip Curriculum
> www.postcardfieldtrip.weebly.com
>
> Co-Chair of the AISLE Readers Choice Awards
>
> Scholastic Bowl Coach
> Antler/ Staglite Advisor
>
> she/ her/ hers
>
> Check out my projects at
> https://www.donorschoose.org/Mrs.Folkman
>

> Add me on GoodReads <https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/339006-n>
> Currently Reading
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/339006?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Book Cover]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/339006?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Goodreads Logo]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
> your own email signature
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

*E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public
records law.  Most written communications (including email) to or from
school district officials and staff are public records available to the
public and media upon request.  Your email communications may therefore be
subject to public disclosure.  Lombard School District 44.*