[aisle] Survey Results and Lesson Idea - Teaching Source Evaluation

Claire Greene cgreene at northbrook28.net
Tue Nov 29 09:53:49 CST 2022

Hi, all!

A few people have reached out asking about the results of the survey I
shared asking about strategies for teaching source evaluation. Please find
the results below!

In the spirit of sharing ideas, I've also attached the slide deck for the
lesson I created after collecting this data. The 7th grade teachers who are
posing as news anchors in the slide deck gave me permission to share--you
can use Adobe Background Remover
<https://express.adobe.com/tools/remove-background> or a similar tool to
remove the backgrounds from your own images if you want to do this with
your staff members. The template is from SlidesMania.

I did this lesson (built from the COR curriculum) for the first time
with students last week and found that it had a more substantial impact on
measurable student takeaways than similar lessons I've done using the
TRAAP framework.

 AISLE - Evaluating News Sources (7th Grade)
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1i49Vq_V-cI1Ze_xxiAARVgfknh3tchahXya8mywytW8/edit?usp=drive_web>

--

Claire Greene, Director of Resource

(She | Her)