[aisle] The Complete Tales of Uncle Remus - considering weeding/want feedback please

Meyer, Gail GMeyer at tfd215.org
Wed Nov 30 08:19:40 CST 2022

I would weed it.  Ask yourself, what benefit does this serve to students?

I can’t think of a reason it would be needed for ANY curriculum, and if someone actually asks for it ever, the full text is available from the Gutenberg project.  https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2306/2306-h/2306-h.htm

My aide and I had a whole discussion just the other day about non-fiction accounts of slavery written in dialect and if it serves to dehumanize people of color. Students overheard and got involved. It was interesting, to say the least.

Gail Meyer, Librarian
TF South High School
708-585-2197
gmeyer at tfd215.org<mailto:gmeyer at tfd215.org>