[aisle] Family Reading Night Ideas for ESL

Holtz, Alan C. (BMS) holtzac at vvsd.org
Wed Oct 5 08:58:46 CDT 2022

Good morning collective mind,

Our school will be celebrating Family Reading Night on November 17. We picked the date to coincide with our state library's Family Reading Night.

Well, our program is going to be a bunch of themed rooms. Some of our themes include "Manga Madness!!!," "Hey Kids, Comics!," "Reading at the Campout," "Diverse Books for Diverse Readers," "LGBQ and More," "Black Girl Magic," "Little Ones Reading Room," a book walk in our gym, and a gently used books giveaway. More themes are being developed. When all is said and done, we should have 20 different themed rooms. Well, that gets me to my question.

Our ESL teachers are putting together a room and are struggling for a theme. So, I figured that I would reach out to you to see what your ESL teachers have done at your family reading nights. Please share.

Thanks,
Alan Holtz, Librarian for Brooks Middle School in Bolingbrook
holtzac at vvsd.org<mailto:holtzac at vvsd.org>

This message is for named person(s) only. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost should mis-transmission occur. If you receive this message in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Valley View Public School District 365U reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to the views of any such entity.  This e-mail has been virus and content scanned by Valley View Public School District 365U.