[aisle] Media Literacy Week, October 24-28

Stacey Reed streed at usd116.org
Fri Oct 7 11:31:10 CDT 2022

What, if anything, is everyone planning to do for Media Literacy Week?

I am working on a Media Literacy project for my culminating MLIS program
and also trying to come up with some ideas for ML Week in our high school
library.

We have a "welcome" whiteboard at our circ desk where I put the due date,
general housekeeping info, and a library/book-related quote of the week.
Thinking about a daily FACT or FICTION question of the day. Need to come up
with some sort of drawing/prize idea. Giveaway a book or something small.

Did find some ideas here that were interesting:
https://medialiteracyweek.us/resources/event-lesson-ideas/

Also discovered the documentary "Trust Me" is available on Kanopy.

" If you're a student or faculty member, you're welcome and encouraged to
use a Kanopy film in your class. Films can also be used for extracurricular
events, like film clubs or social events, if they're labeled with the "PPR"
icon. Learn more about PPR
<https://libraryhelp.kanopy.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500003981461>."

<aisle at list.railslibraries.info>--
*Stacey Reed*