[aisle] Mystery Books

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Thu Oct 27 13:07:56 CDT 2022

Getting them interested in a series is a way of keeping them focused for a
period of time. Some I've had good experience with:
- The Name of this Book is Secret (Bosch)
- Eragon (Paolini)
- Fablehaven (Mull)
- Gregor the Overlander (Collins)
- Magic Tree House (Osborn)
- Wings of Fire (Sutherland)

These are all over the map in terms of maturity and reading level, but it's
a place to start! They also tend toward fantasy, which is what my kids seem
to prefer. For more realistic mystery, I love Carl Hiaasen; some of Andrew
Clements' novels are mysteries, and if you still have them, Boxcar Children
and Hardy Boys fit the bill (both are out with several titles reformatted
as graphic novels).

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 12:05 PM Kleckner, Stephanie via AISLE <

> Hi,
>
> I have a 4th grade boy requesting mystery books. What are your
> recommendations?
>
> Thanks!!
> Stephanie Kleckner
> Library/Media Teacher
> Mendota Dist. #289
>
> This message is for the designated recipient and may contain privileged,
> proprietary or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
> error, please notify the sender immediately.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School