[aisle] Audible, Sora, Follet eAudiobooks? Your opinion please

Lala Lala lalalibrary918 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:41:01 CDT 2022

Hi,

I have been approached by teachers hoping the library could possibly pay
for their Audible accounts so that they can play the audiobook aloud in
their classrooms. I have not looked into this and am reluctant to do so.

What I have done in the past is have a Sora account and buy audiobooks. I
have also purchased the eAudiobooks from Follett. Since it's been a while,
I don't remember the pros or cons of using Sora or of using Follett (from
user perspective).

Reality is the audiobooks are very expensive, which is why Audible would be
a good alternative since you just rent them.

Can you please weigh in and offer me advice?

Thank you for your time.

Lori

--
Lori McGreal