[aisle] Comic/Manga Subscriptions

Michelle Glatt glattml at unit5.org
Thu Sep 8 09:02:09 CDT 2022

I'd like to suggest considering a subscription to Comics Plus
<https://comicsplusapp.com/>. It is a Library Pass product, and Mackin is
the vendor for school libraries.  There are versions designed for
elementary, middle school, and high school.
My middle school students sign in with Google and then have access to
thousands of titles (comics, graphic novels, manga). The most popular manga
titles like *My Hero Academia* are *not *included, but kids find lots of
other things to like. There are many familiar titles like *Big Nate *and
*Bone.*This product is unlimited simultaneous use--probably the feature I
am most grateful for. Students read on their chromebooks, but there is also
an app for phones/tablets.
My renewal last spring was about $850 for each of my buildings. One school
has 650 students, and the other has 800. This was with a volume
discount, as all six secondary schools in my district subscribe.

Michelle

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 8:28 AM Timmons, Heather via AISLE <

> Hi there,
> I am at a middle school and I am considering comic book /Manga
> subscriptions.
>
> Is there such a thing as a Manga subscription?  Is there a Manga Magazine?
>
> If you subscribe to comics, I'd love to hear your thoughts and which
> titles are the most popular.  Also, which vendor(s) do you use?
>

> --
> Heather Timmons
> timmons.heather at ccsd59.org
> (847) 472-3632
> Library Director
> Holme Jr. High
> Holmes Library <https://holmes.ccsd59.org/about/195-2/>
>
> 'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
> you have WebMD?'
>
> Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com
>
> Reading is a relationship.  It doesn't start with an initiative, log, or
> packet.  It starts with a consistent connection to books.
> Dr. Brad Gustafson.

Michelle Glatt
Librarian
Chiddix and Evans Junior High Schools
Bloomington-Normal, IL
glattml at unit5.org
309-336-6545

Chiddix IMC calendar: http://tinyurl.com/chiddiximc
Evans IMC calendar: http://tinyurl.com/evansimc
U5JHS Book Trailers https://tinyurl.com/U5jhsyoutubechannel

*“*You should be especially nice to a librarian today, or tomorrow.
Sometime this week, anyway.
Probably the librarians would like tea. Or chocolates. Or a reliable source
of funding." - Neil Gaiman

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/15153735?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]