[aisle] New Writing Contest for Students in Grade 9 -12

Erin Wyatt ejdwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:21:22 CST 2023

Hi All,
I wanted to pass along information about a new writing contest opportunity
for students in Grades 9 - 12 living in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry
or Will counties through the Chicago Literary Hall of Fame -
https://chicagoliteraryhof.org/projects/albers_award
Deadline for fiction and nonfiction pieces is April 3.

Here's an excerpt from the website:

With the start of the new year, the Chicago Literary Hall of Fame (CHLOF)
institutes a new award: the Randall Albers Young Writers Award.

The award has the dual value of both honoring one of Chicago’s most beloved
literary dignitaries, Randall Albers, as well as recognizing, supporting,
highlighting, and celebrating the literary gifts of Chicago’s youth.

The Randall Albers Young Writers Award is open to all Chicago-area
students currently enrolled in grades 9–12. This year’s inaugural awards
will honor young writers of fiction and nonfiction.

Randy Albers for whom the contest is named is a friend of my moms from
their time growing up in small-town Minnesota. She shared with me, and I
thought I'd pass it on to those of you who have students who might want to
participate!

Best,
Erin

--
*Erin Wyatt, Ph.D. (she, her)*
Adjunct Faculty, SOIS at Dominican University