[aisle] reference section?

Kristi Pierce ksmith at marionunit2.org
Wed Feb 22 15:02:30 CST 2023

I deleted my reference section completely a few years ago.  However, I had
weeded it and transferred many to the regular collection previously, so
there was not much left. One thing I did, which worked well, was make local
history and lit section.  It is nice because it gives kids who want local
history easy access and highlights some of our interesting titles and local
authors.  It was a good use for an odd section of shelving I had, too.

:)  Good Luck!

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 10:19 AM Annette Davis via AISLE <

> Hello, all!
>
> I need your input and perspective and advice, please!  I am moving books
> around in my library (I got new shelves!).  What do I do with the books
> that were in the reference section?  Do I keep a reference section?  Do I
> integrate those books into the nonfiction section?  Are some books too old
> to keep?  Do you have a reference section?  Why or why not?  Any other
> ideas, suggestions, input?  I welcome any and all ideas!  Thank you!!!
>
> Annette Davis
> K-12 Media Director
> PCHS RtI Coach
> Itinerant Teacher for Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing
>
> Putnam County High School
> 402 E. Silverspoon Ave.
> Granville, IL 61326
> 815-882-2800, option 4