[aisle] Replacement Charges

lori at kenandlori.com lori at kenandlori.com
Fri Feb 24 17:04:05 CST 2023

I scoured the archives and thanks to Tad Andracki, who posted this link:
https://ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/fulltext.asp?Name=102-0805&GA=102

 found this on the Illinois General Assembly website:

 (105 ILCS 5/10-20.13)  (from Ch. 122, par. 10-20.13)
    Sec. 10-20.13. Textbooks for children of parents unable to
buy them and other fees and fines.
    (a) To purchase, at the expense of the district, a
sufficient number of textbooks for children whose parents are
unable to buy them, including but not limited to children
living in households that meet the free lunch or breakfast
eligibility guidelines established by the federal government
pursuant to Section 1758 of the federal Richard B. Russell
National School Lunch Act (42 U.S.C. 1758; 7 C.F.R. 245 et
seq.) and homeless children and youth as defined in Section
11434a of the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
(42 U.S.C. 11434a), subject to verification as set forth in
subsection (c) of this Section. Such textbooks shall be loaned
only, and the directors shall require the teacher to see that
they are properly cared for and returned at the end of each
term of school.
    (b) To waive all fees and any fines for the loss of school
property assessed by the district on children whose parents
are unable to afford them, including but not limited to:
        (1) children living in households that meet the free
    lunch or breakfast eligibility guidelines established by
    the federal government pursuant to Section 1758 of the
    federal Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act (42
    U.S.C. 1758; 7 C.F.R. 245 et seq.), subject to
    verification as set forth in subsection (c) of this
    Section, and
        (2)homeless children and youth as defined in Section
    11434a of the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance
    Act (42 U.S.C. 11434a).
    Notice of waiver availability shall be given to parents or
guardians with every bill for fees or fines. The school board
shall adopt written policies and procedures for such waiver of
fees in accordance with regulations promulgated by the State
Board of Education.