[aisle] rec for short story/novella/essay- "discovering" something

Lala Lala lalalibrary918 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 15:16:48 CST 2023

Hi!

My English teacher friend would like to find a novella, a short story or an
essay (non-fiction) for her 9th grade students on the topic of discovering
something. It could be a mystery, for example, a teen discovering who their
biological parent is through DNA testing, - anything related to figuring
something out, discovery.

It has to be short as it would be a companion text to a research assignment
that they are doing.

I recommended she look into the short story collections "Fresh Ink" and
"Blackout." That's just something I thought of off the top of my head.

Thanks for any help!

Lori

--
Lori McGreal