[aisle] Call for Proposals: 21st Annual Illinois Information Literacy Summit at COD

Catherine Gottlieb cgottlieb at Naperville203.org
Wed Jan 11 10:40:29 CST 2023

High School Librarians,
Below is information about submitting proposals for College of DuPage and DePaul's Information Literacy Summit in April. This conference is a great way to connect with other high school and college librarians!

Cathy Gottlieb
NCHS Learning Commons Director
NCHS Webmaster
630-420-6549

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call for Proposals: 21st Annual Illinois Information Literacy Summit

https://www.infolitsummit.org<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.infolitsummit.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7Ccgottlieb%40naperville203.org%7C95b2b0549ec644c3c6bd08daf327fdde%7C1b377357c9794d6eb29781f625638dcd%7C1%7C0%7C638089650360311440%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Y0uxx1TIJCL76whL0DI3JG95YVTi10BU4UOL4iEpsoQ%3D&reserved=0>

The College of DuPage Library and the DePaul University Library are pleased  to announce the call for proposals for the 21st Annual Illinois Information Literacy Summit! This will be our first in person gathering since the pandemic and we're excited for the opportunity to reconnect and rebuild our professional networks.

Title: Stronger Together: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Media & Information Literacy

Date: Friday, April 28, 2023
Location: College of DuPage

We are seeking presenters to lead engaging and interactive discussions about media and information literacy, library instruction, and interdisciplinary collaboration.  We are especially interested in breakout sessions and panels related to this year's theme: Stronger Together: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Media & Information Literacy.

Librarians, educators, and media professionals all bring a unique lens to the question of media literacy. In this year's Summit, we hope to explore what we can learn from each other as we navigate an increasingly complex information landscape.

In line with this year's theme, we're especially interested in proposals that speak to:

  *   Source evaluation and critical approaches to disinformation
  *   Information creation as a process and students as creators of information
  *   Collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches to media literacy
  *   Integration of media and information literacy concepts across the curriculum
  *   Interactive workshops that facilitate meaningful connections among participants

Submissions from high school librarians, public librarians, educators and media professionals and panels related to collaborative projects are especially encouraged.

The Summit is a regional conference which will be held in person at the College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL. Breakout sessions and panels will be 50 minutes long and should include audience interaction or discussion. Panel discussions should have a three person maximum. Hands-on lessons and demonstrations (and/or practical takeaways) are encouraged. Sessions typically have 20-40 participants.

The submission should include a 300-500 word description of your presentation. Please include learning outcomes and a brief explanation of why people should attend your session and what they will take away. A shorter abstract for publication in the Summit programming will be required as well. If you wish to propose more than one session, please fill out a form for each topic.

Priority deadline to submit proposals: January 23, 2023

Submit a proposal here<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.infolitsummit.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7Ccgottlieb%40naperville203.org%7C95b2b0549ec644c3c6bd08daf327fdde%7C1b377357c9794d6eb29781f625638dcd%7C1%7C0%7C638089650360311440%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Y0uxx1TIJCL76whL0DI3JG95YVTi10BU4UOL4iEpsoQ%3D&reserved=0>

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information that is protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this email or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this email. We may monitor email to and from our network.