[aisle] Google Slideshow - 10 Non-Fiction Sections in the Library

Karrie Fisher kfisher at district31.net
Thu Jan 12 08:07:07 CST 2023

Hello!
I am reviewing the 10 non-fiction sections in my K-5 library and needed a
new visual for my students. I'm sharing the Google slideshow I created.  I
was very surprised -- shocked, really -- that, after I went through the
slideside show, the kids literally ran to the shelves to find books in the
section that interested them. This happened with my 3-5 students.

For each Dewey section, I included photos of actual books I have in my
collection.  During checkout time, I leave the last slide up on my wall TV
so kids can use it as a guide.

Feel free to use this slideshow for your own purposes.  You can tailor the
book pics to represent your collection.

Have a great day, everyone!

Dewey Sections in the Library
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KdATcKn9r9JzfOlUwbSzQJqOmLyYe_UOlfliqGRfJkI/edit?usp=sharing>

Search The Card Catalog
<https://district31.follettdestiny.com/common/servlet/logout.do?tm=>

Happily Ever After,
Karrie Fisher
District Librarian

[image: Bitmoji Image]
Winkelman Elementary School * 1919 Landwehr Road * Glenview, IL  60026 *
847-729-5650

Field Middle School * 2055 Landwehr Road * Northbrook, IL 60062
847--272-6884