[aisle] High School One Book One School

Melissa Lambert loydmeli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:38:29 CST 2023

Good Morning!

I'm really struggling with selecting a book for my grades 9-12 One Book One
School program next year. I am probably getting too much input from
teachers and students but here is the criteria so far,

   1. students improve cultural understanding and/or civic engagement
   2. prefered genre is horror, realistic fiction is a distant 2nd
   3. the preferred format is graphic novel but short novel with short
   chapters and is highly engaging would be a second
   4. engaging enough for seniors yet at a 3rd gradish reading level

I have been pouring over books these last few weeks, reading and listening
every second of the day and I keep ruling books out for one reason or
another. Have you read a book that meets the above criteria? If so, please
share! [image: 🤞][image: 🤞][image: 🤞]

I would also be appreciative of any advice. This is my first One Book One
School.

Thank you all!

Melissa Lambert