[aisle] Feedback on SORA

Monica Caldicott monica.caldicott at d128.org
Tue Jan 31 10:36:49 CST 2023

Here are my 2 cents about Sora, which is the school library platform
supported by Overdrive.

PROS

   - great app
   - Google SSO
   - connection with public library (if they agree)
   - many purchase models -- cost per circulation, class sets, or own it
   outright

CONS

   - titles very expensive (some audiobooks are $80)
   - time intensive to manage titles
      - some titles you buy for 24 check outs -- what to do after 24?
      - some titles you buy for 1 year -- what to do after 1 year?
      - some titles you pay by each circulation -- how much have you paid?

📚 Currently reading The Silent Patient
<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40097951-the-silent-patient> by Alex
Michaelides
🐦 Also reading* Where Have All the Birds Gone?
<https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/rest/v2/go/5999/details/107388>
*by Rebecca E. Hirsch
🔥 And savoring* Ain't Burned All the Bright
<https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/rest/v2/go/5999/details/106037>
*by Jason Reynolds and Jason Griffin for Fr Feb 3 D128 Staff Book Club
🎧 Currently listening to *Solito
<https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/rest/v2/go/5999/details/108444>
*by Javier Zamora
⭐ Member of 2024 Lincoln Award Selection Committee, helping to choose the
20 books nominated for the Illinois Teen Choice Award; here is the 2023 list
<https://www.d128.org/vhhs/students/student-services/library/2023-illinois-teen-choice-award>

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 9:19 AM Bergeron, Annie via AISLE <

> Hi,
>
> My district is looking into subscribing to SORA. Anyone have feedback or
> experience using it?
>
> Feel free to email me off list (abergeron at sd206.org)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Annie Bergeron
> Librarian
> Bloom Trail High School D206
> 22331 Cottage Grove Ave.
> Chicago Heights, IL 60411
> 708-758-7000

Pursuant to Illinois’ public records law, this electronic communication may
constitute a public record. Please be advised that this email may be
subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties.