[aisle] Research on Effectiveness of School Libraries

Colene Hardy chardy at lfschools.net
Wed Mar 8 20:59:19 CST 2023

Baughman, J.C. (2000). *School libraries and MCAS scores.* Boston, MA:
Simmons College

There are a some studies from Lance, K. C., Rodney, M.J., & Schwarz, B.
including *The impact of school library programs and information literacy
in Pennsylvania schools* and *The impact of school libraries on
academic achievement: A research study based on responses from
administrators in Idaho.*

Todd, R., Kuhlthau, C., & OELMA. (2014). *Student Learning through Ohio
School Libraries : The Ohio Research Study*. Available online at: "OELMA
Student Learning"
<https://web.archive.org/web/20040829171616/http://www.oelma.org/studentlearning/>

Lonsdale, M. (2003). *Impact of school libraries on student achievement: A
review of the research*. Camberwell, Victoria, Australia: Australian
Council for Educational Research. Available online at
http://www.asla.org.au/site/DefaultSite/filesystem/documents/research.pdf

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 4:26 PM Nichole Folkman via AISLE <

> Hello everyone!
>
> I have a wonderful request! I have an admin who is actively requesting
> articles and data on school library benefits for a class he's taking. What
> are your favorites?
>
> --
> Thanks!
> Nichole Folkman
> K-12 Librarian/ STEAM Director
> Creator and Director of Stags Read Community Literacy Program
> Stags Read Twitter- @StagsRead
> Creator of Postcard Field Trip Curriculum
> www.postcardfieldtrip.weebly.com
>
> Co-Chair of the AISLE Readers Choice Awards
>
> Scholastic Bowl Coach
> Antler/ Staglite Advisor
>
> she/ her/ hers
>
> Check out my projects at
> https://www.donorschoose.org/Mrs.Folkman
>

> Add me on GoodReads <https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/339006-n>
> Currently Reading
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/339006?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Book Cover]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/339006?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Goodreads Logo]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
> your own email signature
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

Any communication sent or received by District 67 and/or District 115 is a
public record and may be subject to inspection or copying under the
Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).