[aisle] Elementary librarians - Gathering information - can really use your help

Jina Rappaport rappaport at ogschool.org
Fri Mar 10 08:09:53 CST 2023

*Total time*

40m

30m

40m

Oak Grove School in Green Oaks, IL (near Libertyville)
K-5 behavior characteristics for library
K-8 behavior characteristics and standards for everything but the library
We are on an A-E rotation schedule. i.e. "A" day is always library for Mrs.
Jones class.  "A" day changes depending on days off of school.  This way
kids who have a rotation class on Mondays don't miss 8 or so classes.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 7:13 PM DB Librarian via AISLE <

> Hello elementary librarians!
>
> This is the first time I have ever asked a question on here - but thought
> this might be the easiest way to find out information.  I tried looking on
> websites but often the information is not readily available.
>
> My district has just voted to go to full-day kindergarten - starting this
> August.  So we are trying to figure out schedules.
>
> I would really appreciate it if librarians from elementary schools could
> chime in with some information.
>
> (If I was better at google I'd do a form - but I'm not - so here are the
> questions):
>
> City / District / School:
> Grades (e.g., K-5)
> Hours of school day:
> Full day or half day Kindergarten
> Times of specials - as shown below
>

> *Special*
>

> Art
>
> Music
>
> PE
>
> STEM
>
> Library
>
> Other
>
> *Times per week*
>
> *Total time*
>

> One final question: Do you do report cards?  If so, which grades? And
> grading what? (standards or behaviors)?
>
> I so so appreciate your information. I've spent the last hour going to
> different websites and not finding information. These details will help me
> day kindergarten. Please note, even if you have half day, I'd still love to
> know your details.
>
> Thanks so much! Truly appreciate it!
> Danielle

Jina Rappaport, MLIS
She/Her
School Librarian
Oak Grove School District 68
1700 S. O'Plaine Road
Green Oaks, Illinois 60048
847.367.4120 x2710
rappaport at ogschool.org

"There is no such thing as a child who hates to read; there are only
children who have not found the right book."

Frank Serafini

--

CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This email message is
intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies
of the original message. If you are the intended recipient
but do not wish
to receive communications through this medium, please so advise
the sender
immediately.