[aisle] District Librarian Job Description

Dawn Brunschon dbrunschon at district100.com
Wed Mar 22 19:10:50 CDT 2023

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going down to 1 certified librarian.  I am
the current Library Media Director in my district.  I have 10 buildings.
Here is the link to my job description.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/0BzDbieKY6F0IVGEtRGpZMmFQajg/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=110088635716976151584&resourcekey=0-L8KMEW8Yxopu_Dfc3PVvQQ&rtpof=true&sd=true>

Good luck!
Dawn

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 11:04 AM Taylor Cothern via AISLE <

> My district is working on creating a District Librarian position in the
> 2024-2025 school year. This will be a K-12 position that serves about 1,200
> students. There will be 3 buildings to work around - high school, junior
> high, and our 2 elementary buildings are being consolidated into one new
> building. All buildings will be on the same campus (walking distance from
> one another). We currently have one library aide in each library, and those
> positions will stay the same.
>
> I am looking for examples of District Librarian job descriptions that we
> could use as a framework in creating this position. Thank you!
>
> --
> *Taylor Cothern*
> *6th Grade Language Arts*
>
> *Pana Junior High School  *

*Dawn Brunschon (she/her)*
*Library/Media Director*
*Belvidere CUSD 100*
*815-547-4362*
*dbrunschon at district100.com <dbrunschon at district100.com>*

*"Banning books gives us silence when we need speech.  It closes our ears
when we need to listen.  It makes us blind when we need sight."*

~Stephen Chbosky, author of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/21348573?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/21348573?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Goodreads Logo]
<https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
your own email signature
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

--

Pursuant to Illinois’ public records law, this written communication may
constitute a public record which is available to the public and media upon