[SwanTech] Update: Please continue to operate in offline mode

Rebecca Malinowski rebecca.malinowski at railslibraries.info
Thu Apr 16 12:11:23 CDT 2015

To All Library Staff:

Thank you for your continued patience. We have received an update from SirsiDynix. They are continuing to work on the issues with our holds. As well as the other issues we have reported. A brief update on each is below.

Please continue to work in offline mode. We will share additional updates as they become available.

Updates:

Holds: The two main concerns are that Many holds are appearing as available when they are not, and multiple items are trapping for the same hold on in transit items. These issues appear to be affecting all libraries. SirsiDynix has worked through the night to identify the source of these errors, and we hope to have a resolution soon. IN PROGRESS

Patron Address Changes: We learned yesterday that during our patron cleanup, a number of patrons who reside in cities that share zip codes with neighboring cities had their addresses incorrectly updated to their neighboring city. We have received a file contain a list of users potentially affected, which we will review today before SirsiDynix updates the user records to reflect the correct city. This file requires some manual cleanup before it can be loaded. IN PROGRESS: Manual cleanup about 60% complete.

Items with autogenerated barcodes: A number of items were loaded into Workflows with autogenerated barcodes. This produces an "Item Not Found" in catalog error when scanning barcodes during check in and check outs. IN PROGRESS: file prepped and will load shortly

Items with missing call number pre- or post-stamps: The cause of this problem has been identified, and a list of affected items has been developed. SWAN has supplied SirsiDynix with a list of corrections to make. IN PROGRESS

Item Types Unknown: These items have been identified and will be remapped to their proper item types. IN PROGRESS

Patrons with incorrect barcodes: A small number of users had their barcodes changed last week between April 6 and 10th. They were loaded with their previous barcode. They should now be updated to reflect the more current barcode. RESOLVED

Patron names displaying in wrong order: Users entered into Millennium without punctuation separating Lastname Firstname are not displaying properly in Workflows. With Middle Initials: RESOLVED No Middle Initials: IN PROGRESS

Item Status: Items with current locations like Missing, Display, and Repair should be checked out to a corresponding system use user. RESOLVED

Rebecca Malinowski
SWAN Special Projects Coordinator
125 Tower Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527