[ISLMA-Share] schedule K-5 grades only

Tue Apr 5 20:06:52 CDT 2016

I am in the process of switching to just that. I have a fixed schedule for
grades k-3, lessons on library skills and literacy, etc. with grades 4-6, I
have changed to more of a flex schedule to support the technology and
information literacy within the curriculum. We are in the early stages and
some teachers are resistant to 'losing' their library time. On the whole, I
am excited about the increased flexibility to help more classes with I what
they are doing in the classroom. With a building of 850+ kids, I cannot do
both. I would love to hear how you make the transition and how it goes.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 5, 2016, at 4:55 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

Hi all- Anyone work on a mixed type of schedule? Fixed for K-3 and more
flex for 4/5th? Ideas on how this works? Or do some of you service teachers
more for resources for the older grades and more lessons for younger
grades? Looking at options and creative ideas for a fresh change.

thanks!

--
Suzanne Freer
Library Director/K-1 Technology
sfreer at d101.org

This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is
intended to be for the use of the addressed individual or entity.  If you
are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by replying
to the sender immediately.

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info