[ISLMA-Share] Author Visit Advice Needed!

Mon Apr 11 15:10:30 CDT 2016

First of all, what a great author visit you are going to have!!  Our students still enjoy his books and remember him 2 years later!  He is very friendly and entertaining!

Do you have time to share a book or 2 of his during your library times with students?  Can you get staff members to share another with them?

Would your art teacher assist by having students draw / make "nerdy birdies" you can decorate with?  Or can you give kids an outline of different bird shapes and challenge them to color a nerdy birdie at home after they have heard the book?

Share information on the author's website and have students prepare questions ahead of time that are not already answered on the site.

Good luck!  You are going to have a blast.

Jennifer Muzzy

Librarian

Riddle Elementary School

Mattoon, IL