[ISLMA-Share] teaching computers to kindergarten (Mac laptops, iPads, and SMARTBoard)

Tue Aug 2 10:15:37 CDT 2016

Hello!  Due to all day kindergarten, I will be teaching computers for 40 minutes to the kinders as well as 40 minutes in the library.  I am excited about this opportunity but I am hoping for your ideas, because 40 minutes can be a long time.
In the past, I combined library time to be part read aloud, part computer activity, and part checkout.  In my experience, their attention span for projects on the computer is about 10-15 minutes.
In the space, there is a SMARTBoard, Mac laptops, and iPads.  They also use the iPads in the classroom.  I am a newbie with interactive lessons on the SMARTBoard and with iPads for this age.
Any resources or suggestions that you have to breaking up computers/technology into smaller activities, will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge,Cherie HeaserLibrarian and Kindergarten Computer TeacherNorthbrook, IL