[ISLMA-Share] New posting advice

Mon May 16 16:16:21 CDT 2016

Dear ISLMA-Share users

Some of you might have received a message about excessive bounces happening
to your postings to the new list.  I realize this can be so frustrating.

Yahoo, Comcast, Hotmail, and several other email providers have configured
their systems to reject messages with one of their addresses in the "from"
field that aren't sent from their servers. This causes problems for mailing
lists that post messages "from" the sender.

Changes have been made to the ISLMA list to have messages “from” the list
instead of from the sender, which is the only workaround we have at the
moment. However, if a sender doesn’t include a signature on their email, no
one will know who sent the message.

To get around this problem we are asking all of our subscribers to include
a signature with the following in every post and reply they make to the
list:
Your name
Your email address
Your affiliation/title

Thanks for taking the time to establish a signature if you haven't already.

Becky Robinson, List Administrator

ISLMA Executive Secretary
P.O. Box 1326
Galesburg, IL  61402