[ISLMA-Share] Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Wed Jan 25 09:59:03 CST 2017

They are completely different works.  The screenplay follows the fictional
author Newt Scamander as he arrives in NYC with a suitcase full of
fantastic beasts.  The story introduces several characters and an entire
plotline in NYC.

The BOOK titled Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a "textbook"
that Harry Potter and his friends study at Hogwarts.  It is basically a
listing of a lot of different beasts.  No plot, no story. The textbook was
written by a fellow named Newt Scamander (see the connection?).

Hope this helps!

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I am wondering if any of you have read the books Fantastic Beasts and
> Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay and the book Fantastic Beasts
> and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling.   I was just wondering how much
> different the two books were as far as content is concerned.   I have
> students who read The Original Screenplay version and tried to take an
> Accelerated Quiz on it and did not pass.   The classroom teacher is
> questioning this and I just wanted to ask in case someone has read either
> or both.   Before I comment back, I am just curious....
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>

> Pat Sment
> John F. Kennedy School
> Spring Valley, IL   61326