[ISLMA-Share] textbook barcoding

Thu Mar 9 10:26:10 CST 2017

We put them inside the back cover and wrote the number under the label as
sometimes the ink wears off of the label.  We also hand wrote the number in
the spine on the reverse of the title page (not to close so it doesn't get
cut off at bindery). This helps when books are going to the bindery as the
back cover will be gone. I always checked out books to the bindery and
printed new barcodes for them before sending to bindery.  It helps speed
things up a lot when they come back which is usually right before we have
to check them out again.

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I have a quick quick question about student textbooks and barcoding. I
> just need some quick ideas.
>
> I'm in charge of the project at our high school.Our barcode labels have
> been ordered and delivered, and now we need to decide where to place the
> labels on the books.
>
> If your high school has put barcode labels on student textbooks, where do
> are the labels placed?
>
> Thank you all for your speedy quick replies!
>
> *Pamela Huff*
> Teacher/Librarian
> Learning Center Director
> *Johnsburg High School*