[ISLMA-Share] Mid: Information Literacy Curriculum

Thu May 18 07:28:31 CDT 2017

We will be implementing an information literacy curriculum next year for our 6th graders. The schedule will be every other week for 1 period. Not perfect I know, and for some aspects of it, it will be taught as a standalone lesson (not linked to the classes), but I am going to take what I can get and work from there. It will be a perfect time to do this, since the ELA teachers in grades 6-8 will be getting a completely new curriculum next year.

My question is: What do you all use for you information literacy curriculum? Do you piece meal it, or do you use a "canned curriculum"? While I don't mind creating my own curriculum, I would at least prefer to have something to work from.

Any Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kendra Hodgson-Newton, MLIS
Glenview Middle School
East Moline School District #37