[ISLMA-Share] Checking in and out of the library - High School

Wed Nov 15 09:25:12 CST 2017

We require that students physically give us their ID. We scan in the IDs
and then spread them out on the circulation desk where students pick up the
ID when they leave. They usually come up about a minute or two before the
bell rings to get IDs. It can be a little crazy, especially during the
lunch periods but it works for us. If a student doesn't have an ID, they
cannot come into the library (we usually let that slide once but we still
require ID number so we can enter their attendance). IDs are free to
replace so we don't feel bad for them if they lose their ID. We also don't
allow passes, so if a student comes from the counselor or someplace else,
they have to go to their study hall / resource. We also don't take late
students. Once the bell rings, that's it.

We are flexible with these rules. Sometimes students come in with a pass
and they HAVE to get some work done in the library. We usually let them in.

Christopher Rios
Librarian
Downers Grove South High School

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library