[ISLMA-Share] Heads up! Magic Treehouse is being renumbered!

Wed Oct 18 23:02:05 CDT 2017

This change was also featured in a SLJ article
<http://www.slj.com/2017/10/books-media/magic-tree-house-renumbering-catches-librarians-off-guard/>
on
Tuesday. More background information from the article:

Along with the new look, the publishing house wanted to clarify the
difference between the classic adventure books and the Merlin Missions
titles.

“The Merlin Missions were longer, more complicated books aimed at children
who were reading at a third grade level,” explains Mallory Loehr, senior
vice president and publisher at Random House Children’s Books. “So the idea
was to break the series in two to make that clearer.”

Now instead of being numbered chronologically from one to 56, the beloved
books chronicling the adventures of time-traveling siblings have been split
into three separate but related lines: the classic adventure books
(previously one to 28), the Merlin Missions (previously 29 to 55), and the
nonfiction Fast Trackers, which act as companions to their fictional
counterparts. The classic adventure books will retain the numbers one
through 29 (with #30, a book about Galveston, TX, out next summer) and the
Merlin Missions will be numbered one to 27.
Katherine Hlousek
Librarian
Zapata Academy

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library