[ISLMA-Share] Picture book request

Wed Oct 25 13:54:00 CDT 2017

Good afternoon, everyone.
I am a high school librarian (9-12) and have an environmental science teacher asking for a solid list of 15 or more titles of kids picture books. She needs them to be environmentally themed, preferably non-fiction or fiction to tell about a real event or issue. She already adores:
One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of Gambia by Miranda Paul
Energy Island by Allan Drummond

I have already added the following to the list as I've read them to my 7 and 3 year old and love them:
Curious Garden by Peter Brown
Letting the Swift River Go by Jane Yolen
Our Tree Named Steve by Alan Zweibel
Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
The Great Kapok Tree by Lynne Cherry
A River Ran Wild by Lynne Cherry
Tree: a little story about big things by Danny Parker
The boy who harnessed the wind by William Kamkwamba (picture book version)

Based on the above criteria, would you recommend anything else? Would you take any off this list? Picture books are not my strength so I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance and have a lovely rest of your Wednesday.

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
Eco Club Director
1 Book 1 Marist Director