[ISLMA-Share] Free webinar: Reconciling Communities: Planting Seeds of Change through Cultural Education and Truth-telling

Mon Oct 30 09:56:54 CDT 2017

Register online at http://www.programminglibrarian.org/learn/reconciling-communities-planting-seeds-change-through-cultural-education-and-truth-telling

FREE WEBINAR: "Reconciling Communities: Planting Seeds of Change through Cultural Education and Truth-telling"
Thursday, Nov. 9
1pm ET / 12pm CT

The Smithers Public Library's Truth & Reconciliation in Our Community<http://programminglibrarian.org/programs/truth-reconciliation-our-community> event brought together community members to speak their truths around the historical and current treatment of Canada's Indigenous Peoples - specifically the Nation on whose territory the town of Smithers stands - with a view of moving forward together as a community.

Join us for a free webinar to learn how the library sought to strengthen the community's social fabric through education about the local Indigenous Peoples' experience, in the past and present. The program's creators will explore the 18-month development process, delivery and follow-up of the Truth & Reconciliation in Our Community event.

Participants in this session will learn:

  *   Who in your community to approach as potential partners in creating a similar program.
  *   Practical tips around coordination, timelines, protocols and promotion.
  *   How to create tools for determining success and measuring impact.

Note: THIS SESSION WILL BE RECORDED AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FREE, ON-DEMAND VIEWING AFTER 11/9/17 AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: http://www.programminglibrarian.org/learn/reconciling-communities-planting-seeds-change-through-cultural-education-and-truth-telling

Sarah Ostman
Communications Manager
Public Programs Office
American Library Association