[ISLMA-Share] bilingual publishers or resources for middle grade texts

Fri Sep 22 08:10:16 CDT 2017

I haven't ordered from them, but Lee & Low are a leader in books
illustrating cultural diversity.
https://lalb.informz.net/informzdataservice/onlineversion/ind/bWFpbGluZ2luc3RhbmNlaWQ9Njk0OTY2NiZzdWJzY3JpYmVyaWQ9MTA5NzgzOTQzNw==

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi Jamie,
> Sorry I can't help with all the languages you need, but here are the
> resources I use to order books in Spanish:
>
> -Follett (Titlewave), they have some other languages besides
> English/Spanish
> -Lectorum, extensive collection of books in Spanish
> -First Book Marketplace, super cheap books, most times cheaper than
> Amazon, they have plenty of books on Spanish
> -Booksource, our district orders a lot from them, they have books in
> Spanish
> -Amazon, you can just search for the book you want and the language you
> need, if it's available it'll show up, usually pretty good prices
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> *Sofía Huitrón*
> LRC Director, Grove Junior High School
> 847-472-3022 <(847)%20472-3022> / huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org
> LRC website <http://grove.ccsd59.org/about/learning-resource-center/> /
> www.ccsd59.org
>
> *"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our
> youth for the future." - Franklin D. Roosevelt*
>

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for resources/publishers for bilingual texts. I have middle
>> schoolers who speak Arabic, German, French, Spanish, German, and Twi. I
>> want to find books in their favorite genres (fantasy, adventure, horror),
>> books on their favorite topics (fashion), as well as comics and popular
>> fiction that has been made into movies.
>>
>> Please share resources or publishers!
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jamie Winchell
>> Teacher Librarian
>> Library Media Center <http://www.op97.org/julian/mediacenter>
>> Percy Julian Middle School
>>
>> “Great books help you understand, and they help you to feel understood.”
>> -John Green

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School