[ISLMA-Share] Wanted: Bar Code Scanner

Thu Apr 26 11:36:40 CDT 2018

Hi guys,

I work in a public school library and we currently only have 1 barcode scanner. During the school year, this is usually not an issue, but it would be handy to have 2 when we do inventory at the end of the school year.

Here’s the silly question: Do all bar code scanners work with all circulation programs? (We use Alexandria)

Second question: Does anyone know where I could find a basic bar code scanner on the cheaps or even for free? It can obviously be used, I wouldn’t mind. It doesn’t even need a stand since it’s not for daily use.

Thanks

Crystal