[ISLMA-Share] forward facing E section ideas

Tue Feb 13 20:06:27 CST 2018

My shelving units are too high to put bins on top of for younger kids. So a
while back I purchased 4 of these mobile book centers and they were the
best purchase I have made for my LRC. In two of them I have easy readers
which makes it so much easier for kinders and 1st graders to find just
right books. We rotate books from the E shelves in these book centers so we
"freshen up" the selection. In the other two I have non-fiction categories
that are popular - sea animals, animals, insects, pets, sports, science,
Lego, how to draw, vehicles, and some others. This really helps with
keeping the dewey shelves in order because the primary kids are selecting
from the book centers and the intermediate kids know how to put things back
properly on the dewey shelves. One more plus is they are on wheels so I can
move them to make room for bigger presentations in the LRC.
https://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?minisite=10206&item=487570

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

Diane Kispert
LRC Director
H. C. Storm Elementary School