[ISLMA-Share] Cataloging and title questions

Fri Jan 19 13:13:05 CST 2018

Happy Friday everyone!

I have a cataloging question regarding authors who have 2 last names. In
particular, Judith Ortiz Cofer. If I get in the way-back machine and return
to my cataloging course, I seem to remember that authors with this type of
name get cataloged under first three letters of the second name. In this
case, COF.

If her name were hyphenated (Ortiz-Cofer) then it would be cataloged under
ORT, right?

Also I have two books that students were looking for:
The first is about a girl who commits suicide and now she is trapped in her
school with the ghosts of other students who killed themselves. She cannot
escape the school.

The second is about a young girl whose village in Africa is destroyed by
war, and she escapes to the U.S., only to be held hostage by a family who
forces her into domestic service without pay. She escapes with a boy and
another girl (I think?)

Thank you thank you!