[ISLMA-Share] readalike Pride and Prejudice

Wed Mar 28 09:15:35 CDT 2018

Jane Austen read alikes:

Modern Twists:
Prom & Prejudice by E. Eulberg (YA)
Pride and Popularity by Jenni James (YA)
Prada & Prejudice by Hubbard
First & then by Mills

The Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer (YA)
Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik (YA)
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su (YA)
Enthusiasm by Polly Shuman (YA)
Definitely Maybe in Love by Ophelia London (A)

Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding (A)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (A)
Lies Jan Austen Told Me (A)
The Jane Austen Book Club (A)
Eligible (A)
The Jane Austen Project (A)

Nonfiction:
The Making of Jane Austen
Jane Austen, the Secret Radical
What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew

Companion Stories:
Longbourn (P&P from the servants' POV)
An Assembly Such as This (P&P from Darcy's POV)
Death come to Pemberly (further adventures of Mr. & Mrs. Darcy)
The Independence of Mary Bennett (Sister story)
Lydia, The Wild Girl of Pride & Prejudice (Sister story)

Others:
Seeking Mansfield (Mansfield Park rework)

Austenland by Shannon Hale (Protagonist goes to a Regency Dream Camp)
For Darkness Shows the Stars (YA SciFi Persuasion rework)

Dear Mr. Knightley by Reay (A) (Emma rework)

The Last Best Kiss (YA Persuasion rework)
Edenbrooke (YA friendly regency romance)

Books by Karalynne Mackrory (P&P reworks, each story is a twist on the original story) but with the same characters)

I may have the same inclination in reading material as your student.
Hope this helps!

Gretchen Zaitzeff
Librarian
University High School