[AISLE-Share] Help with a Book Suggestion - 5th grade

Tue Sep 25 13:33:30 CDT 2018

Have you looked at the Orca Young Readers books?

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination *
- Sidney Sheldon

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I am looking for some ideas.
>
> My situation is I have a student who is in 5th grade, but is at a lower
> lexile, 300-500, and she desperately wants to "have a big book".  I have
> been looking on  Titlewave and new books that I don't have are mostly
> graphic novels for that interest level and that lexile.  Just wondering if
> you have ideas where to find traditional chapter books that might work for
> her?  I have also looked at Goodreads and not having much luck.
>
> And she's very particular in wanting a "girl" book.  Nothing with a boy on
> the cover-lol!
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> [image: photo]
> *Mrs. Staci Thompson*
> LMS, Winnebago High School
>
> 8153353765 | ThompsonS at winnebagoschools.org
>
> https://tinyurl.com/WHSLib1819
> 200 E. McNair, Winnebago, IL 61088
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=200+E.+McNair,+Winnebago,+IL+61088&entry=gmail&source=g>
> | Class of 2019 Co-Advisor | Student Council Advisor | Google Certified
> Trainer
> <http://twitter.com/bagolibrarian>
> Create your own email signature
> <https://www.wisestamp.com/signature-in-email?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=create_your_own>
>
> This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above
> addressee only and may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
> WHICH MAY BE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. Any
> unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or
> copying of this communication or any of its attachments is strictly
> immediately notify the listed sender by reply email, and take necessary
> steps to delete the file from your system and destroy any hard copies of
> this transmission.

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,

printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info