[aisle] Damaged Book?

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Mon Nov 4 10:04:23 CST 2019

If it's not moldy and is still usable, I would keep it in circulation. I
would also have a conversation with the student about keeping books safe
from weather, pets, etc.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” ― Harold Howe*

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:00 AM Amy Williams via AISLE <

> I had a student return a paperback book (brand new, first time checked
> out) that got wet in a rain storm. It is slightly warped and stained on the
> edges but the pages are not stuck together and it is still readable. I
> dried it and put weight on it but it is still warped a bit. She offered to
> pay for it but I'm not sure if it really needs replaced. If it was not
> readable I would say yes I need to buy a new copy. It's not in great
> condition but it is still usable. So what would you do?
>
> --
> Amy Williams
> District Librarian, Auburn School District
> 511 N 7th St, Auburn, IL 62615
> (217) 438-6817
> Library Teacher because Book Wizard isn't an official job title.

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,

printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.