[aisle] Boolean searching does not work?

Lala Lala lalalibrary918 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 11:02:08 CDT 2019

Hi everyone,

It happens to me quite often that Boolean searching does not work. In a
search engine, I use AND, OR, NOT and I get results that I am trying to
avoid!

It has gotten to the point where I don't want to show students Boolean
searching because, even while I am demo-ing how to do it, the results show
as if I am not using it! For example, in Google (not Google Advanced
Search), I put in Miami NOT Dophins and I get a ton of results on the Miami
Dolphins. It  happens in database searches, too.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this now outdated or something?

Thank you,
--
Lori McGreal
Trinity High School librarian